Friday 12 December 2008

My unemployment!

It's me!

If you've seen my previous blogs, you will remember I told you that I was made redundant from my job a year ago.

Very upsetting, but I was reasonably confident that I would get a job again, like I did this one.

I temped for a while, and was eventually taken on by my last employer, and so decided to temp again, and do the same.

Not so easy this time around!

Why?

IMIGRANTS!

They come over here, work for next to nothing, and put the English out of work.
They are happy to work for poor pay, because they have the facility to claim for their families at home under EU rules (a facility I don't have!)

These workers seem to be predominantly Polish at the moment.

Please don't get me wrong!
I have had the privelidge of working with them.
They are extremely nice, hard working people, but it doesn't make me feel any better when I'm sitting at home with no money coming in.
They seem to know the rules better than I do!

I registered with a local agency recently.
I was sitting there for about an hour filling out endless forms.
During that time, at least a dozen people came in.
Guess what?
Not one of them spoke a word of English!
The agency had 2 Polish speakers there who dealt with them.
That's how bad it's got for the likes of you and me!

It seems to me, that the establishment are more concerned with looking after foriegners than they are their own people.

And to add insult to injury, because I temp, when I don't work, I'll get a bill for NHI for the weeks I didn't work. (it's happened before to me, and is so bloody unfair!)

Unfortunately, whatever I say, it won't change a thing!

Your currently unemployed Worm...............

No comments: