Saturday 15 March 2008

Our Eyesight!

In my early years ( here he goes again! ) not many people wore glasses.
( If they did, they had the piss taken out of them as it was so rare! They were called "speccy" or "4 eyes" )

The reason could be that we either couldn't afford them as we can now, or maybe because we didn't need them!

Anyway, I sincerely believe our eyesight has has been impaired over the years by the use of fluorecent lighting everywhere other than our homes. ???

So what does this Government do?

They are banning the sale of traditional light bulbs for the home soon, only to force us to buy the more expensive "green" energy saving bulbs.

Have you experienced them yet?

I have, and to be honest, it's a big mistake!

I have just received a delivery of some, and to be honest, I worry!

Not only are they very expensive to buy, they are ugly, twice the size, throw out an awful dim light, and is much worse than fluorecent to my eyes.

So don't worry about the "green" issue, coz in 20 or 30 years time you won't be able to SEE the the effect we're trying to make.

Great news for Specsavers and the manufacturers, but not for you and me I think!

As usual in this bloody soft country of ours, we go 1 step forward, and 3 steps back!

No doubt, our future Governments will tax us heavily for our eye tests too! (Bless 'em!)

Your Blindworm..........

Yes, there is such a thing as a Blindworm! Look it up!

No comments: