Monday 31 December 2007

A Happy New Year to my reader! hehehe!

A Happy New Year?

I don't know about you, but I always wish people a Happy New Year, and hope that it will be better than the last one for all of us, but somehow, it never happens does it.
Life is so stressful and complicated now. (and this is progress?)

50 years ago, I can remember my parents keeping their bills and correspondance in a drawer. Today, I have a filing cabinet full of the stuff!
Just running the home has become a second full time job!

I had a childhood school friend visit me from New Zealand earlier this year.
He emigrated about 20 years ago, and was absolutely shocked at the way life has become in the UK.
The stupid laws we suffer, PC, cameras everywhere, house prices, taxation, community charges, law and order, immigration, the average wage, the cost of living etc, and said thank god he got out!
He was so sad to see the way that his country had become, and would never want to come back to live!

But he did make a very good point though!

He lives in New Zealand, and with a population of only 4 to 5 million, there is only so much tax you can raise, so there isn't the money to go round to spend on all of the crap you and I have to put up with!

If only our Government(s) spent the money they take from us on our happiness!

The uk would be Shangrila!

I envy him so much!

Happy New Year Wormies!

1 comment:

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Happy New Year to you, Worm. (My message is a little belated - sorry.)

Glad to see you back, and posting in better form than ever.