Thursday 12 April 2007

April 1st, and the Media!

Why oh why, are the Media allowed to print and broadcast April Fool "jokes"?

When I read the newspapers, or watch the news on TV, I expect to be as reliably informed as to what's going on in the world as I can be, not be wound up by some smart arsed journalist who has nothing better to do!
The fact of the matter, is that these "jokes" are getting really sophisticated, and very believable, like the one I read in the Mail on Sunday this year.
It was at least a third of a page, and was full of plausable facts and figures about the emissions caused by barbeques. The long and short of it, was that council officers would drive around looking for smoke in back gardens, and could charge a levy of £5, and even fine you if it was using too much charcoal!
My problem, is that I never read the Mail the next day, so I'm too sure if it was a joke or not, because let's face it, that bastard Gordon Brown is capable of anything!
Was it a joke?

So please stop the practise Mr Media!
Just remember the panic caused in America in the 30's, when they transmitted "The War of The Worlds" on the radio!
You are deemed to be reliable 365 days of the year, not 364!

The Worm.............................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate these things as well, I thought journalists were rushed off their feet with work, chaseing Princesses through tunnels in France causing them to crash and kill the passengers. No this stupidity has been going on too long and needs to stop before it hurts somebody. They may think its funny but gone are the schooldays when you were told your lace is undone only to be told 'APRIL FOOL' But who is the fool the joke'e or the joker?