Friday 1 June 2007

David Beckham.

So should David Beckham be given a knighthood?

In my opinion, NO!

What has he done to deserve it?

He has made an absolute fortune being talented enough to play the game that he loves. That is not a job! It's a joy!

An OBE or MBE for services to football maybe, but a knighthood for services to himself, I don't think so!

He already lives like a lord, but why should we give him the title to go with it?

I can't think of one reason!

The Worm.........................................

2 comments:

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Question for you, Worm, Your Honour: What does a fellow have to do nowadays to get a knighthood? Because I'd like to obtain one for myself.

I agree that Beckham shouldn't get a knighthood for being a talented football player. Now, if he'd saved the Queen's life, that would be another story.

Hope you and your family are well, sir.

The Worm said...

Hi el cerdo!
Yes, we are well, despite the daily persecution.
Don't ask me what knighthoods are all about!
It seems to me that you have to be a millionaire to get one!
Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Mick Jagger, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, to name but a few extremely self sacrificing and deserving people.
If you can generate money (therefore taxes) you're in!
So I could probably get you one if you have enough cash!
Fond regards to you and your family.
The Worm........................