Wednesday 13 June 2007

Premium Bonds.

Unfortunately, my mother passed away 3 years ago.
She had nothing other than her house, and was always refused help from the state when asked for, as she had a very small private pension left to her by my dad, and therefor didn't qualify for bugger all. (she was a very proud lady, lived from month to month, went without, and would never accept any financial help from me, my brother, or sister!)
She once told me "I want to live long enough to get a free TV licence out of those bastards!" and who could blame her?

Unfortunately, she sadly passed away aged 74, a year too soon.

Once her affairs had been sorted out, my brother, sister, and I, inherited her estate.
Not a fabulous amount, so we didn't pay inheritance tax.

Because I can't trust this or any other Government to look after me in my old age as they should have done her, I decided to invest it for my old age. I thought it wouldn't be right to invest her money somewhere where I would have to pay 40% tax on the profits to the Government, only for them to squander it on their professional scroungers and White Elephants. After all, they were too busy looking after them, rather than look after her while she was alive, so why should I want her to keep paying for them from the grave!

So I opted for Premium Bonds.

At the time that I invested, Premium Bonds advertised that with average luck, a maximum investment of £30,000 should give around 15 wins in a year. A fair risk I thought, good odds, and the original investment safe.
So I invested £20,000, and in 18 months received what I thought was a reasonable return (and no tax forms to fill out!)
So what happened?
Gordon (Dracula) Brown decided we were all making too much money out of it, and so tampered with the odds!
Since then, my winnings have been derisary!

Thanks Gordon! You obviously don't have any yourself!

Why is it that the working mans party (Labour?) cant stand to see it's voters with a bit of cash in their pockets?
He was the working mans enemy as Chancellor, and will be just as bad as a PM!
I always thought that working for my money would pay dividends.
Instead, I'm punish for it!
Now I wish I hadn't bothered, and joined the very clever scrounging culture!

Your ever loving Worm..........................................

No comments: