Tuesday 19 June 2007

Salman Rushdie, the bastard!

Can somebody tell me why this man is to be honoured with a knightdood?

In my opinion, like so many others, his book The Satanic Verses, insulted their religion, and was one of the many reasons Islam declared war on the west!
He had a 'Fatwar' declared on him when it was published, and our country has spent millions on protecting him ever since.

So how does he repay our kindness?

Whenever he is out of the country, he openly critisises us, the ungrateful bastard!

The next time he leaves our shores, please refuse him re-entry!

He has enjoyed our protection, and yet despises us for it!

Honour him?

I'd castrate him, the foreign ingrate!

Why are we honouring such a dishonourable person?

PC, the Establishment, and human rights as usual!


The Worm.......................

4 comments:

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

With respect, Worm, I would disagree that Mr. Rushdie's book is one of the reasons that Islamic extremists declared war on the west. The anti-West, anti-modernity campaign of the Islamists was already well underway when the book was published in 1988, followed by the fatwa against Mr. Rushdie issued in February 1989.

I have not read the book, but I know it has received both high praise and strong disdain by the usual critics, and pretty much everything in between.

As to the money spent by the British government on Mr. Rushdie's protection, I can certainly understand why the British taxpayer would be irritated by the expense, and angry at Mr. Rushdie's indifference to the cost of his security (which he should provide for himself) and at his penchant for criticizing your country.

On that basis alone, I am only left with bewilderment, as you are, as to why or how Mr. Rushdie deserves a knighthood. It's one thing for a public figure to defend Mr. Rushdie's rights to free expression, but another altogether to bestow a knighthood on him.

Is he, in fact, a British citizen?

The Worm said...

Hi again el cerdo!
As I've said before, I will publish all comments whether positive or negative to my thoughts.
I can only comment on what I see and hear via the media.
To be honest, I'm not too sure if he is a British citizen or not.
If he isn't, he should not critisise the country that has given him so much.
If he is, then he should know better.
One way or another, he has caused so much trouble, and so I can't understand why he should be honoured for it.
As I've said, this is only my opinion.
Regards,

The Worm......................

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Just a follow-up, sir: from what I've been reading since you posted this, it appears that the committee which recommended Salman Rushdie for knighthood had no idea that the move would provoke a backlash.

As the young folk say: duh!

The Worm said...

Unfortunately, our betters don't live in the real world like you and I el cerdo. All they like to do is pat each other on the backs!
My 5 year old grandson would have realised the backlash, but it's obviously beyond these thinkers!

My Government is just as stupid!

The Worm...............

PS. Salmon Rushdie was born into a Muslim family in Mumbai (Bombay) in 1947.
As to his citizenship, I'm still not sure.