Wednesday 14 March 2007

Footballers Wages.

I really don't know why I'm commenting on this one, because I know that my blood will be boiling by the end of this blog!

Football is the national game, and I love watching a good match!
Unfortunately, because of the sky high cost of tickets, I can no longer afford to go and watch my favourite Premiership team, so I have now become a couch spectator.

Football has traditionally been the working man's game, but has rapidly becoming the game of the better off.
Some clubs have realised this, and have reduced their prices to entice the rank and file supporters back, but they still seem to be too high to me!

The reason for this, of course, is the fantastic amount of money the players are earning ( and I use the word earning with tongue in cheek!)

Even the lowest paid Premiership players earn more in a week than I do in a year, and I just refuse to give them any more of my hard earned cash!

It seems to me, that money has become more important to the players, rather than
them giving their all on the pitch for 90 minutes!

Wouldn't it be fun, if the buggers went on performance related pay!
Full pay for a win, 2 thirds for a draw, and 1 third if they lose!

Bloody hell! Wouldn't we see some exciting games then!

I've made my mind up not to give them any more of my money, but if you can afford it, and want to watch the "beautiful game" live from the terraces, good luck to you my friends. You're obviously doing better than I am!

The Worm..................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think The Worm knows my views on football. I cannot understand why grown men are paid so much money to kick a bag of air around a field. And that other grown men & women pay vast sums of money to sit and stand watching them do this.

It totally amazes me