Monday 5 March 2007

Have you read George Orwells' 1984?

Well, have you read 1984?
If not, you should, and if you have, I hope you realise where I'm coming from.
Basically, it's a love story, based within a society that is run by Big Brother and his henchmen, the Thought Police.
Everybody is watched, listened to, and punished for not thinking the party way.
Aha! I hear you say. Sounds familiar!
Well, yes, we are all being watched in one way or another, but in a less sinister way (at the moment). I am a decent law abiding citizen, that isn't worried by being seen on CCTV.
Only lawbreakers have anything to worry about, so that's ok by me.
But similaraties to the book do go deeper!
I could carry on with examples of un-welcome intrusion into our private lives for ages, but I think I'll leave that for another time.
What concerns me, is "thought control"
You are now thinking to yourself that I must be off of my head, and that I'm a complete moron, but read on a little more.
Although you don't realise it, thought control is with us now, in the shape of "Political Correctness" Personally, I call it Political Stupidity!
Don't tell me that any of you out there hasn't gone to say something, only to stop because you think to yourself "I can't say that?" If that's not thought control, what is?
What worries me is, what next?
So, George, you got it right, but just got confused with the dates!
The Worm.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.