Sunday 11 March 2007

New energy saving light bulbs.

So good old Tony has agreed with the EU to stop sales of traditional light bulbs, and make us buy more expensive fuel savers!

I've just counted over 60 bulbs in my house (not all on at the same time I hasten to add!) and estimate that it will cost me between £400 to £600 to replace them all.

Am I miffed, of course not, because a Government spokesman has informed us all, that the change over will save the average household the princely sum of approximately £7 a year!
Thank goodness for that! It will only take about 70 years to recoup my money (plus the cost of replacements) That is so reassuring!

If that sounds like clever economics to you, no wonder this country is in the state it's in!

But what I wan't know, is why are we all pulling weight with expensive empty gestures, when the two most biggest polluters in the world (America and China) won't sign up to the Kyoto agreement?

This will not scratch the surface of the problem, but as usual, you and I will pay for it anyway!

The Worm............

No comments: