Wednesday 7 March 2007

Wheel Clampers.

And what a fine body of men they are too!

Really nice people, and always out to do a fine job for the community and the motorist in most town centres everywhere in the country.

Yeah, right!

It was the 31st of January, 2006.
After constantly hearing the threatening adverts on the radio from the Tax Man, telling me that I would be screwed £100 if my returns were late, I realised that I hadn't done mine, and needed to act fast.

I arrived in the town centre with 30 minutes to spare, when I realised that I had no change at all for the car park. (time was ticking by!)
I looked around, and saw a few empty disabled spaces, but being the law abiding citizen that I am, I looked elsewhere. (isn't it amazing just how many disabled people there are in this country? The spaces are always full, but they always seem to forget to display their stickers!)

Aha! I've spotted an unoccupied shop with a parking space at the rear,
so I park up, and run as fast as I can to get to the Tax Office in time, and you'll be pleased to know, I made it.

Once I had done that, I was happy, as I felt that I'd stuck my two fingers at the establishment. On my way to the car,I stopped off at a cash point to withdraw £200 for some bills I had to pay.
Yes you've guessed it!
What did I find attatched to my offside front wheel when I got to the car?
Yes, a beautiful yellow Denver Boot!

There was a sticker on my screen, giving me a number to call to get it removed, and was advised that I would have to pay £125 + VAT for the privilage, and that the whole event would be captured on video, should I cause any trouble!

10 minutes after I called, the clampers arrived.
Two very threatening looking, scruffy, shaven headed, tattood, fat and ugly neandathols!
Remembering that you can't beat city hall (and my low pain threshold!) I handed over the money, but
gave them a right mouthful in the proccess.
It certainly made me feel better, but all I got from them was a very smug grin. (so I assume they were on commission!)

These pirates seem to have been given a licence by the councils to print money, and it's legal!
It would have cost me £60 to have a ticket from a warden, so why did it cost me £125 + VAT from these bastards!
By the way lads, I'm sorry, but I forgot to give you a tip!

So what I want to know is, who regulates and fixes the price of the clamping and removal by these leaches?
The councils, or themselves?

Have you ever been clamped?
What are your views?

The Worm...........

NB.
Two weeks later, I had to go down the town again.
And what did I see?
The same two low life scum bag clampers, parked in the very spot they had clamped me in!
So who checks those bastards I wonder?

PS. It must have occured to you, that it cost me £150 to avoid a £100 tax penalty! Life's a bitch isn't it! hehehe!

No comments: