Tuesday 20 March 2007

"It's a funny old game!"

No!
I'm not talking football!
I'm talking cricket!
Me, being quite the simple bugger that I am, can quite easily understand the scoring of football!
Whoever gets the most goals wins!
Easy peasy!
But cricket? Forget it!
I just can't understand it! Winning by 35 runs, or 2 wickets, mystifies me completely!
But what is more confusing is this.
The bowler bowls the ball.
The batsman hits the ball.
The ball goes into the air.
The fielder goes to catch the ball, but trips, but with athletic agility and incredible skill, recovers, and makes an impossible,fantastic, and unbelievable catch, much to the disbelief of the crowd. He is a hero! The whole crowd goes wild with jubilation!
So what happens?
The whole team pats the bowler on the back!
Why?
All he did was throw the bloody ball!

A very very very confused Worm..................

No comments: